Question by toythom2 : Nine new driving laws for the state of GA effective 7/1/07. Are the accurate? 1. Misuse of the carpool lane- 1st time $ 1068.50 (The $ 271.00 posted on the highyway is old). 2nd offense is doubled. 3rd offense is tripled & 4th offense is license suspension.
2. Incorrect lane change- $ 380.00. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.
3. Block intersection- $ 485.00
4. Driving on the shoulder- $ 450.00
5. Cell phone use in a construction zone -Double fine. Cell phone use must be “hands free while driving”.
6. Passengers over 18 not in a seatbelt- both, pasengers & drivers get tickets.
7. Speeders can only go 3 miles above the speed limit.
8. DUI = JAIL! (Stays on driving record for 10 years)
9. As of 7/1/07 cell phone use must be “hands free” while driving. Ticket is $ 285.00. They will be looking for this like crazy – easy money for police department.” Best answer:
Answer by davidmi711
No. This has been floating around for some time and has been attributed to several different states.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!